Monday, June 29, 2009

*edit 11:30am - I've completed the rose brooch...let me know what you think!



A few project photos to share...
So far I've gotten just a few rows of the first ribbing done on the Mara shawl. This yarn really is beautiful to knit with, I've enjoyed the process of this one...



Part of a swap on Ravelry...I made a few cards and am sending out one of my fabric roses too...the roses will be intro'd to my Etsy shop soon.


fabric rose and card

And this is my Jane Market Bag, pattern by Alicia Paulson...I had fun making this, though adding the little top-stitched corner edges made me nervous! All in all it was a very straight-forward pattern, I had no trouble interpreting it, no problem at all. I am thinking of making a couple for Christmas gifts this year. Christmas already??? Yep, gotta start thinking about it...I'd love to be able to make the majority of my gifts this year.

Market Bag

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for your lovely comments :)

I just realized the other day that it's only 6 months until Christmas. Crafters everywhere are starting to think about Christmas!!

Jennie said...

Your rose is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the shimmery contrast with the raggedy edges. Can't wait to see your shop fill up :)

JenJen said...

Very cute flower pin and bag! Great fabrics on the pin, makes me want a whole vase full:)